Florida Drivers License
To obtain a Florida Drivers License you must provide proof of Florida vehicle registration (we provide your legal physical address). You must also:
- Must provide proof of identity.
- Provide your social security number.
- Provide proof of legal name change (if applicable). Acceptable forms of proof are an original or certified marriage certificate or a court order citing the name change. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Surrender your valid drivers license from another state.
- Pass an eye exam.
Source: State of Florida – www.stateofflorida.com
Drivers License Fees
Rates Effective July 23, 2009
- Class E . Original – $54.25
- Class E . Renewal – $54.25
- Class E . Replacement – $31.25
Drivers license holders from outside of Florida must have a second form of identification confirming U.S. citizenship in order to obtain a Florida Drivers license. You must provide only one form of the acceptable forms listed below:
- Original or certified U.S. birth certificate (a hospital birth certificate is not acceptable)
- Valid U.S. passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Consular proof of birth abroad
- Alien registration receipt card (green card, from I-551)