- Cost for first time registration of a passenger vehicle in Florida is approximately $409.90. (Fees include transferring title, 1st year registration fee, and new license plate).
- We provide your legal physical address.
- Trucks weighing more than 5,000 lbs are registered as commercial vehicles; initial registration is approximately $200.15.
- Annual renewal of vehicle registration is between $47 to $155 per year – based on vehicle weight.
- Renewal for RV’s is approximately $55 per year. Annual renewals are done via mail.
- NO inspections or emissions testing required. (No annual trips to Florida are necessary).
- Vehicle Registration Rates
- Sales tax may be collected on vehicles purchased within 6 months of registration application. (Documentation of at least 6% sales tax paid on purchase must be provided to avoid being charged).
- If you have previously owned vehicles in Florida and have purchased a license plate that you no longer use, you can save the $100 plate fee on a passenger vehicle.
Be prepared to provide:
- Original title or loan information on lien holder
- Proof of Florida insurance
- Vehicle identification number (VIN) verified by a police officer (if not presenting the vehicle in person)
- Bill of sale for vehicles purchased less than 6 months
Source: Escambia County Tax Collector – http://ectc.co.escambia.fl.usp